So it’s been an incredibly long time since I’ve written because all at once life became incredibly busy. I spent most of this spring and summer applying for job after job after job, and finally at the end of August I was hired. Since then I’ve had to hit the ground running, make my long long commute each day, and by the time I have a free minute all I want to do is go to sleep. It’s taken me a while to start finding balance, but now that I have one of my top priorities is getting back to blogging.
And really, what better time to come back than the holidays? I love the holidays. Halloween is one of my favorites, Thanksgiving brings good family time, and then it’s Christmas and New Year’s which, in my mind, is a great time. So with all of that in mind, here’s some holiday cheer to bring us closer to 2017.
- Perform a random act of kindness. There’s nothing nicer than buying someone’s coffee or surprising a friend with a special and unexpected gift.
- Find something that you love and spend some time focused on it. The holidays are a crazy time, and it’s important to find and do something that recharges you.
- Eat something that’s special to this time of year. It’ll make you smile.
- Spend time with the people who are important to you.
- Set a goal (or goals) for 2017. The new year is close, and it’s never too early to start planning ahead.